Saturday, July 12, 2014

Guest Post: Bottle painting

Today I am bringing to you another tutorial about Bottle painting.  My talented SIL R had earlier done a post about Glass painting.    Here is the tutorial
 



 Step 1:  Take a clean dry glass bottle.

 
Step 2:  Make an outline of the design using a light colored sketch pen. Here, I have made a design of a grapevine.

 
Step 3:  Make an outline of the design using fabric glue
 
 
Step 4:  To give the design an embossed look, completely fill the design with fabric glue.


Step 5:  Here I have made the veins of the leaves using a toothpick.

 
Step 6:  This is what it looks like after the glue has dried.(A closer view of the leaf)

 
Step 7: Fabric glue is completely dry.

 
 Step 8 :  I have painted the leaves with dark green and the grapes with purple. (solvent based glass colors)
  
 
 
Step 9: And finally after the colors have dried, I filled it with water put in a money plant (pothos).
 
 
Looks easy enough,  So folks why don't you give it a try.  Looking forward to hearing about your experience.
 
Partying with these good folks:
 
 

1 comment:

  1. What's up arathi? We miss you over at Aalayam and now i see you have not been posting either.

    Come back! Aalayam has some great posts which I think you will enjoy!

    ~deepa

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you all. Thanks a lot for stopping by.