Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Whats blooming in the garden?


We are having unusual weather in southern California these days.  It is not feeling like winter at all.  I am not complaining about the weather at all.  I am quite enjoying this weather which means we can use the outdoors.  We are having what you call a sweater weather. 


My garden both in the front yard and backyard, I have quite a collection of succulents in the containers.    I noticed some of them were blooming.



 I have had some of these for 3-4 years now and I have never seen them bloom,  I am very happy to see the blooms but it also worries me , I will get to that later.




The one below you see I have had for 6 years.  As per my husband its the most neglected plant but I say its the most drought resistant plant.   Haha...............................



Its such a pretty color on the bloom

My Japanese magnolia in front yard is blooming too.  It is a month early.  I wish you could smell them through the picture.   They smell divine.



I have a few in the backyard as well.  Some are in bloom and some are getting ready.   






I hope you are having a wonderful week.


Partying @

 

4 comments:

  1. Nothing takes away the snow and winter chill like seeing plants blooming in a garden! Thank you for sharing your garden at the party this week! I am featuring it on my Facebook page today and have pinned it to the You're Gonna Love It Tuesday board on Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely amazing - wonderful blooms. I will be featuring your post in this week's Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. We visited So Cal last summer. How I wanted to move there after that trip!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you all. Thanks a lot for stopping by.